To wish for change will change nothing. To make the decision to take action right now will change everything.

Friday, June 26, 2009

yeah, i like food...

My workout revamp has me thinking about my eating habits, which are usually pretty outstanding. Jonathan teases me that I only eat twigs, plants, berries..etc :) But I do have unhealthy habits, so I took a quiz to find out what kind of eater I am. I was pretty impressed, it defined me quite well....

Nostalgia Nosher
You love the way certain foods recapture the feelings of holidays past.

What triggers your eating:
Family get-togethers, your mother's recipe file. 'A lot of holiday foods bring back strong memories,' says Tammy Baker, a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. 'That emotional attachment is hard to resist.'

Stay-slim strategies:

Skip what isn't special

'Instead of blindly helping yourself to everything on the table, you might ask yourself, "What are the three things I would really like to have?" and take those," If you still can't choose? 'Remind yourself, "I know what chocolate (or bean dip or potato salad) tastes like. That's something I can have any day, so right now I'll have something else I really want."'

FYI.. I also found out what kind of eater Jonathan is....

The 'Inhaler': this person eats a four-course meal in under 10 minutes. Once he's done, he has a hard time remembering what the food tasted like.

No comments: