Friday, December 4, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Market Find: Natalie Robyn's Cherry Salsa detnews.com The Detroit News
Shared via AddThis
Thursday, July 16, 2009
I bet you want some watermelon now.?
Monday, July 13, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
What triggers your eating:
Family get-togethers, your mother's recipe file. 'A lot of holiday foods bring back strong memories,' says Tammy Baker, a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. 'That emotional attachment is hard to resist.'
'Instead of blindly helping yourself to everything on the table, you might ask yourself, "What are the three things I would really like to have?" and take those," If you still can't choose? 'Remind yourself, "I know what chocolate (or bean dip or potato salad) tastes like. That's something I can have any day, so right now I'll have something else I really want."'
FYI.. I also found out what kind of eater Jonathan is....The 'Inhaler': this person eats a four-course meal in under 10 minutes. Once he's done, he has a hard time remembering what the food tasted like.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
This weekend I went to Lake City with Jonathan to celebrate his Grandpa's 88 and his cousin Sora's 4th Birthday! It was an awesome time! His aunt has a place right on the lake, we spent our time on the boats, laying out, grillin and havin' bonfires, no complaints here :)
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
- I visited Winthrop University in S.C to interview for their Graduate Soccer Coach...it went well, I am waiting to hear back...I have more schools I am interested in...it's all giving me a headache.
- I never see my boyfriend. It is no fun. Skype and the cell phone keep our relationship going, and I am tired of both of them. Note to Self: Live in the same town as your boyfriend.
- I am training for a triathlon. Swimming correctly is actually very hard. I have been biking a ton and swimming, but due to severe ankle pain I am putting off running for a bit. The triathlon is in Ludington and Jonathan and I are doing it together, our camp site is booked!
- I am trying to find a really good book to read. One that is inspiring, motivating and thought provoking....any ideas?
- I have been rollerblading with my dog, but she runs so fast that her paws get cut....I am now looking into puppy booties.
- I bought Coach rain boots and am looking forward to the next time it rains.
- My mom watched my "garden" for me one weekend and all my plants died. Go figure. They are slowly growing back now and I am worried they are way behind schedule. I have banana peppers, sweet peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, and some herbs.
- I am going up north this weekend to Lake City with Jonathan's family for his grandpa's birthday and I am pumped. I love up north.
- I am dying to eat at Kona grill I have been craving sushi for 3 weeks and have yet to get some.
- I reread the last 2 Harry Potter books and loved them as much as the first time.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
A dog, hands down, is the best running partner. I rotate between Gracie, my puppy nephew Gunner and Jonathan's dog Magglio, but really any dog will do!
Top 5 reasons a dog is the best running partner:
1.) They don't judge you for the pace your running, they just enjoy the run however fast....or slow!
2.) If you need to stop they don't tell you your slacking, they enjoy the rest ...your really walking because the dog is tired anyway right? :)
3.) When you're running you don't have to worry what they are thinking they are happy regardless if you take the long way or the short way back home.
4.) When you are not sure you really want to go for that run, looking at your pup and seeing how excited they get when they see their leash gives you the extra push to get out the door.
5.) When you are on your last leg home and wanna get that extra push your pup always has that extra burst of speed and encourages you to sprint it all the way in!
So go get a dog and go for a run!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Thursday, April 30, 2009
- He thinks I'm beautiful in my glasses
- He cooks the best breakfast...full of love
- He wakes up early when we are camping to make a fire for me.