Sunday, March 21, 2010
My earliest memories involve this cookie jar.....I never knew where it came from or even what animal it really was, or how "off" looking it really is... all I knew is that it was in my Grandma Galas's kitchen and ALWAYS filled with cookies. I remember taking cookies when I was a kid.... I remember my grandpa dropping the lid and grandma having to glue the ears back together. This cookie jar is way more than a cookie jar....now with grandma gone Aunt Annette gave me the OK to take the cookie jar, which I found out she gave to grandma so many years ago. It's really weird to see the jar not in grandma's kitchen, it looks silly and out of place... I can't wait to put this cookie jar into my own kitchen and keep it filled just like grandma. I honestly can't remember a time where there weren't cookies in the jar.....
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Here is a quick recap of my week.
- Made my brother in law venison chili...ended up getting jalapeno juice on my LAST pair of contacts, I have poor vision, hate wearing my classes, I have no insurance I had to get an eye exam & ordered contacts offline due to no insurance... they will take over a week to get to me because they don' t have my prescription in stock, but I paid $10 extra for fast shipping....
- Went to Walmart to look into getting new glasses on the cheap, while I was there I had the lady adjust my current glasses (that have been killing me!!)....she broke them, she snapped my Gucci glasses in half. But its ok because she replaced them with a free Walmart pair.....no I am not making this up.
- I am now currently wearing Walmart glasses with my contacts on backorder.
- Took my sisters dogs for a walk on a brisk (almost) spring day....and developed a 4 day semi ear infection...(again no insurance, doctor is not an option)
- Made my mom dinner...sliced my finger and nail straight through the middle...dr is not an option...
I am usually a very positive optimistic person but this is ridiculous!!
Friday, January 8, 2010
This year, like all the years since Jonathan and I have been dating, his parents take us to The Homestead by Traverse City for a week of skiing over New Years with their whole family!! It is one of my favorite places to be in Michigan! Jonathan is in the light parade every year (and always the best one) Here are some of my favorites :)