To wish for change will change nothing. To make the decision to take action right now will change everything.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

perfect timing

Tonight my work had a post Christmas get together at my coworkers fabulous home....Everyone knows what has been going on with my family and were offering their encouragement, prayers and support and it was so uplifting to see these amazing women after a long 2 weeks away.

One of my coworkers and party host who I truly love offered this advice..."All you can do is take care of today, do what is right for now and have the faith that the rest will work out."

Those weren't her exact words but you get the gist...well as I was driving home I felt really comforted by this. I was beginning to feel strong and confident that all we can do as a family is what needs to be done and what is for the best right now and give the rest to God.

This is not advice I usually like... I like a plan and "it will all just work out" does not sound like a great plan to me. Jonathan is famous for offering advice such as "it will work itself out" or "don't worry you will figure it out" I never really considered (or appreciated) that advice until today it seemed to be the perfect answer....

Well short story long, after a little googling and inspiration seeking I found this little website and realized that my friend (and reluctantly Jonathan) were right and trusting it will all work itself out and offering it up is sometimes the best answer. The title of the site is perfect, and is set up and explained in almost a Bible Passages for Beginners sort of way (which I appreciated), and I really enjoyed reading what I found....

Matt 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." NIV


1 comment:

lori bunk said...

i loved this post... and i love that scripture. we are continuing to pray for you guys every morning! love you!!!!